Compressed Air System Network and Components
Compressed Air System Components and Network for using Air Tools - GISON Pneumatic Tools
- INTAKE AIR FILTERS
Prevent dust and other contaminats from entering air compressor.
The filtered air is compressed ( typically 80 psig [5.5 bar] ~ 110 psig [7.6 bar] ) using different types of air compressor such as reciprocating, vane, screw or centrifugal.
AIR COMPRESSOR SELECTION CRITERIA :
- Compressor Type - Recommendation:
0 to 80 psig (5.5 Bar) : single stage air compressor
80 to 250 psig (17.2 Bar) / continuous usage of tools : two-stage air compressor
- Total Air Consumption - Determine the total demand SCFM
Factors to consider: demands of all air tools, equipments, and other air consumption variables.
- Air Compressor Capacity - Horsepower (HP)
Determined total demand SCFM : D
and add approximately 20% for system variables. Add ? % for future growth. : D1 = D x 1.2
If D1 <= 100 SCFM : hp = D / 4
If D1 > 100 SCFM : hp = D / 5
- Compressor Type - Recommendation:
- REFRIGERATED DRYER
Compression leaves the air hot and wet. The Refrigerated Dryer can reduce the temperature of the air and removes the excessive water.
- RECEIVER (AIR STORAGE TANK)
Air Receiver is provided as storage to reduce fluctuations and maintain a smooth flow in the compressed air system.
Receiver Tank Size - The more receiver the better the system.
The link between supply, storage and demand. To supply adequate amount of compressed air at the required pressure to all work station.
- POINT-OF USE APPLICATION :
FRL are needed to ensure that an air tool is receiving a clean, lubricated supply of air at the proper pressure. The filer removes water, pipe deposits, rust and condensation from entering the air motor. The regulator controls air pressure to the tool. The lubricator provides a nearly constant oil/air ratio of air flows.
The oil drip rate: one drop per minute for each 20 SCFM (566 LPM)
- A hose of excessive length and / or insufficient diameter can restrict the air flow.
- If you are using an air tool on a hose over 7.6 M (25 ft). long, it is advisable to increase the bore of the hose to the next larger size available, ie. 1/4" increase to 3/8". This will ensure adequate pressure and volume of air to power the air tools.
- Usage of air inline filter / regulator.
- Total number of air connections / fitting being used.
- Prevent any blockage of air flow. Maintain adequate air flow.
- Remove or reduce condensation from the air supply.
- Note to drain water from the Drain Value regularly.
- Regular check for leaks in all piping, joints, drains, relief valves, flexible air hoses.
FACTORS RELATE TO ADEQUATE AIR FLOW:
- Use the shortest air supply hoses possible for the task being performed.
- Use the air supply hoses with the correct inside diameter as is recommanded by the air tools manufacturer (User Manual).
- Longer air supply hoses require larger inside diameters.To increase the length of air supply hoses it will be necessary to increase the inside diameter of the hoses.
- Coiled air supply hoses appear much shorter than they actually are. With using a coiled hoses, make sure that inside diameter is large enough to compensate for the length.
- Do not use too many air connections or fittings in air supply hoses.
AIR SUPPLY HOSE:
- Water in the compressor tank will cause serious corrosion to your air tools and should be drained daily to avoid excessive water in your air supply. Dirty wet air will rapidly shorten the life of your air tools.
- Supply tool with 90 psi (6.2 bar) of clean, dry air. Higher pressure drastically reduces life of air tools.
- Do not install a quick coupler directly into the throttle handle (body) of air tools.
- Prevent contaminates from entering the air motor of air tools.
- Every day before and after use, remove the air tool from air line and pour 2 cc suitable motor lubricating oil into Air Inlet. Run the air tools at low speed for few seconds to allow air to circulate the oil and well lubricate the cylinder. This will ensure top performance and maximum durability of air tools.
- Lubrication : Use an air line lubricator with SAE#10 oil, adjusted to 2 ~ 3 drops per minute. If an air line lubricator can not be used, add air motor oil to the air inlet before and after use. Gears, bearing, sleeves, and sliders need to be lubricated as well.
- Disassemble and inspect air motor, blades, gears and governor assembly every 3 months if the air tool is used every day. Replace damaged or worn parts.
- Use original factory supplied tools, spare parts and accessories.
- Do not alter or modify the unit from the Original design or function of Air Tools.
AIR SYSTEM PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE:
- Files Download
2020 Wet Air Tools for Stone,Marble,Granite Industry Catalog
product range comprises linear sliding track, wet air hole drilling / cutting / forming milling machine, portable air hole drilling machine, wet air grinder, wet air sander, wet air polisher,...Read More
2018-2019 GISON New Air Tools Catalog
product range comprises portable wet air hole cutter for stone, handy air vacuum suction lifter, portable air drilling machine, air wrench, air grinder, air sander, air polisher, wet air tools...Read More
[Exhibition] 2020 Xiamen Stone Fair (03/16-03/19)
Xiamen Stone Fair is a professional stone fair, with the largest number of exhibitors and biggest exhibition scale in the world. It attracts high attention of stone and other related industries,...Read More